Thank you for your order. All downloadable versions make use of a special (secure) PDF reader called Javelin, and are issued with an authorization code that may be used on up to two devices - for code resets or other assistance regarding use of the Javelin reader, please contact us for assistance. If you have any questions or problems please first check the notes at the end of this email, and then if necessary contact us for assistance. If you have problems viewing the images in this email please see the template email on the ebook website: here
To read your ebook you will need our free special PDF reader for the PC, Mac, iPAD/iPhone or Android device called "Javelin". You only need to download it once, however many ebooks you purchase.
You will need an authorization code in order to enable the ebook on your device. The Printable version code will not work on the iOS or Android - please email us for an additional code if you wish to have a copy on your mobile device
There are separate download procedures depending on your device (PC/Mac, iPAD/iPhone or Android) so please see the relevant sections that follow.
|ebook||Download link (for PC/MAC, not iPAD or Android)||Authorisation code|
|!!!description!!!||see below - please make sure you select the correct links!||!!!serialnumber!!!|
File download links:
Geospatial Analysis (non printable): http://www.drmz.net/ga/ga5.drmz
Statistical Analysis: (non printable): http://www.drmz.net/ga/sa.drmz
Geospatial Analysis (printable): http://www.drmz.net/ga/ga5p.drmz
Statistical Analysis: (printable): http://www.drmz.net/ga/sap.drmz
PC/Mac OSX users
1. Use your Internet browser to download the special "Javelin" PDF reader for your Windows PC or Mac computer from
Select the version you require from the links provided and then choose the "Save File" or "Save" option if prompted - follow the instructions on the web page to install the appropriate reader. For Windows users, simply run the downloaded javelinsetup.exe file by double-clicking it - ignore the typical Windows warning messages about exe files! The reader will be installed and links to Javelin provided on your Desktop and Start menus. For Mac computers simply download the .dmg file and double click it to enable the file - the Javelin menu will be shown at the top of your screen when the program is active.
2. Now you are ready to download the ebook you have purchased.
Windows users: Click on the 'Download link' (or links) above and 'Save' the ebook file to a convenient folder on your computer (preferably do not use the "Open with..." option if this is provided as this may just provide a temporary file that will probably disappear next time you try and access it!). If you are using Firefox and are not sure where files are downloaded to, you can right mouse-click on the downloaded item in the Downloads window and it gives you the option "Open containing folder", so you can check where it has put your file. If it is in a temp folder, make a copy or move it to somewhere convenient, e.g. \My Documents
Mac users: The procedure described for Windows users may work for your Mac, but the following is more reliable: Start Safari and go to the Windows menu, Downloads option. This opens the Downloads window. Then select the download link from above (hold the left mouse button down rather than clicking the link) and drag the link to the Safari Downloads window. When you do this a green + icon will appear as the link is dragged onto the Downloads window. You can then let go of the mouse button and the file will be downloaded and appear in your Downloads folder.
If you still have problems with downloading the file, start Javelin, select the file menu, Download file... option and DRAG the link shown above to the input field. The file will download and ask if you would like to open it.
3. The next step is to locate and 'Run' Javelin (e.g. from the icon on your Desktop). Using Javelin's 'File' menu, select 'Open', navigate to the ebook you have just saved to your computer, highlight it and then click 'Open'.
4. A dialog box pops up and you will be prompted for the ebook's 'Authorization code' (this will be found in the email you were sent). Copy the code for the ebook in question and Paste it into the field provided and press OK (you must have an internet connection available at this point). You only need do this the first time you open the ebook.
5. To open the ebooks subsequently simply use the File menu in Javelin where the recently used files list will show the last few files that have been opened. Click on the one you want to open it again.
1. If you have not yet downloaded the Javelin reader for iPAD then using your iPAD, select the App Store and search for the app "Javelin reader". This is a very small free app. Select the app and download it to your iPAD.
2. Open Javelin on your iPAD/iPhone and select the Catalog. Press the UPDATE icon in the top right hand corner to update the Catalog - a link for the Geospatial Analysis book will be displayed. Touch the icon for the GA book (5th edition) and the special PDF will be downloaded to your iPAD (ga5.drmz). It is around 16MBytes so may take a few minutes. For the Statistical Analysis book follow the same procedure.
3. Once downloaded enter the authorization code that is shown above; to do this touch the input field and the type the code above into the field provided and touch OK (you must have an internet connection available at this point, e.g. via a WiFi or mobile network access). You only need do this the first time you open the ebook. NOTE: If you have ordered the print version your code will not work for the mobile version so please email us for another code
4. To open the ebook subsequently simply touch the cover of the ebook.
1. If you have not yet downloaded the Javelin reader for Android then using your Android device, select the Google Play App Store and search for the app "Javelin PDF reader". This is a very small free app. Select the app and download it to your device.
2. Open Javelin on your Android device and select the Javelin Catalog. Press the UPDATE icon in the top right hand corner to update the Catalog - several additional Catalogs will then be displayed. Select and download the Library catalog, and open it. A link for the Geospatial Analysis book will be displayed. Touch the icon for the GA book and the special PDF will be downloaded to your Android device (ga5.drmz). It is around 16MBytes so may take a few minutes. For the Statistical Analysis book follow the same procedure.
3. Once downloaded enter the authorization code that is shown above; to do this touch the input field and the type the code above into the field provided and touch OK (you must have an internet connection available at this point, e.g. via a WiFi or mobile network access). You only need do this the first time you open the ebook.NOTE: If you have ordered the print version your code will not work for the mobile version so please email us for another code
4. To open the ebook subsequently simply touch the cover of the ebook.
Notes: The authorization process relates the ebook file to the PC, Mac, iPAD/iPhone or Android device on which it is authorized. If you are in a network environment you may be restricted in running Javelin for authorizing your files. The simplest way to resolve this issue is to authorise the files via an open-access WiFi connection or mobile phone service. If you have any questions or problems then please first check our FAQs page, and if that does not have the answer please contact us.